With just hours to go before the 2018 matric results are announced, many learners are anxiously waiting to hear whether their hard work during the year paid off.
The Independent Examinations Board will release private schools matric results on its website at one minute past midnight, the morning of Thursday, 3 January 2019. The Minister of Basic Education, Angie Motshekga will announced the national matric pass rate in the evening of Thursday, 3 January while the Department will release the state national matric exam results on Friday, 4 January 2019 from 6am on its website.
Learners can get their results from a number of sources.
- Results will be available from the schools or centres where you wrote your exams. It’s advisable to call first to make sure they are open.
- All major daily newspapers will publish the results. Know your exam number. Remember you will only see whether it’s a pass, Bachelors pass etc. No subject results are published.
- State schools learners can register with The Department of Basic Education and SABC Education who are are also offering instant results via SMS. Register via SMS by sending your identity number followed by your exam number to 35658. After your registration has been successful you will receive a confirmation SMS. SMSs cost R1 (free SMSs don’t apply).
- IEB learners will have provided the IEB with their cellphone number and results will automatically be sent to that number. You can register by sending an SMS to 35135. Use the following text in the message: Results – Exam Number – Birthdate (ccyymmdd). For example: Results 1234567890 20000622.
You will receive a message confirming your registration has been successful. SMS costs R3. For more information, visit the IEB website.
- Learners can also call the department but are cautioned that they potentially will have to hold for a very long time. Dial 082 152.